Education and outreach are two key tools for protecting and improving water quality. We believe instilling environmentally responsible behaviors will provide the best long-term benefits our waterways. Our programs are directed to all members of the Haywood County community, and include Kids in the Creek, Adopt A Stream, storm drain stenciling, stream signs, rain barrel construction workshops, erosion & sediment control trainings, water testing, youth events, publications, public forums, public presentations, public displays, social media posts, and press releases.
- The Pigeon River Watershed Action Plan for Haywood County has been endorsed by the County and all four municipalities.
EPA is using the plan as a model for other watershed groups across the nation.
- Newsletters – Current Newsletter
- It’s Not Just Dirt
- What Regulations Affect Land Disturbing, Land Clearing, Development and Construction Projects?
- Stewardship Begins in Our Backyards, A Landowner’s Guide to Protecting Our Land and Streams
- Innovative Stormwater Controls, Case Study: Bethel Elementary School, Haywood County NC
- Haywood Growth Readiness Roundtable, Final Report and Recommendations
- State of the Watershed, A Report to the Citizens of the Pigeon River Watershed, Haywood County NC
- Bilingual Stormwater Brochure
- Bilingual Recycling Brochure